Breaking Dawn Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breaking Dawn Village

A little further away from Sphinx, a small town on the coast, is the unheard of Breaking Dawn Village.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Please vote for the Student Council by writing your chosen names on ballots in the Great Hall
School trip shall take place once the student council has been chosen ~~ please vote wisely!

Character Names!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Opal Cullen
Lethal cupcake-sized Bloodsucker
Opal Cullen

Immortality Info.
Physical Age: 16
Power: Telepathy
Mate: N/A

Character Names!!! Empty
PostSubject: Character Names!!!   Character Names!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 7:06 pm

I chose the names of my characters just because I liked the way they sounded and because they suited them. I'd never seached for their meaning, until now.
So, as I was looking for name meanings, I typed the names of my characters for fun and clicked enter.
Of course, I already knew what my main character's, Opal's, name meant, as all of you do too.
But, I had no idea how much their names suited my other two characters, Rafe and Riona.

Rafe: It's an English name, which means 'Wolf Counsel'

Riona: It's an Irish name, which means 'Queen'

Concidering that Rafe is his pack's Alpha (leader), so he's the one that advises them and Riona's bossy and self centered personality, I think these names are perfect for them!!!

What about your characters' names? Have you ever wondered what they might mean?
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/opalsward94
Castella
Admin
Castella

Character Names!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Names!!!   Character Names!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 2:44 pm

I usually go for peculiar names that most people don't hear too often, or names that have interesting names. The reason why some of my characters have fairly ordinary names is because they're actually supporting cast in my novel. *laughs*

I picked Castella's name (she's one of my characters in my novel 'Deridion') because it reminded me of Caster sugar, and I wanted a name that was ... sickly sweet. Actually I found out later it was the name of a cake Very Happy

Willow's name came after the name of the tree, mainly because I really like 'Weeping Willows'.

Jared's name is actually of Hebrew origin, meaning 'to descend', or 'descendant'.

London was named after a city ...

Ah! Then there's Marina. Marina means 'from the sea', from the French 'Marin', from where 'Marine' came from.

I've actually got another character coming up. He's going to be called 'Light'.

Back to top Go down
http://youmustbemadtowanttoreadaboutmylife.blogspot.com/
Opal Cullen
Lethal cupcake-sized Bloodsucker
Opal Cullen

Immortality Info.
Physical Age: 16
Power: Telepathy

Character Names!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Names!!!   Character Names!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 3:38 pm

Interesting!

WOW, another character? Named after Death Note's main character, right?
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/opalsward94
London Fury
Bloody Beauty
London Fury

Immortality Info.
Physical Age: 17
Power:

Character Names!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Names!!!   Character Names!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 10:25 am

Yes, another character! For the sake of having more GUY characters.

Loveling Yess!! I named him after Light from Death Note. But he's not a psychotic killer obsessed about creating a new world. I haven't fully decided on his background yet, but I'm going to make him as crazy as can be! You should definitely find him interesting.
Back to top Go down
LenaDark
Goth Vamp
LenaDark

Immortality Info.
Physical Age: 15
Power: Mind Reaching
Mate: Colin Sharp

Character Names!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Names!!!   Character Names!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 2:31 pm

Well. About my names.
Most of my characters' prototypes are made in The Sims games, depending on which one I currently want to play. That should explain the Sims in the explanations.

Lena - I think I started liking the name when Lena, the German singer, got 1st place on Eurovision, so I started using it. Means either a torch (helene) or the moon (selene), both from Greek.
Fun fact: I've got about 7 slightly different versions of Lena on my Sims games, starting from Her Highness Lena Dark in Medieval to the gothic, fun-color-hair Aperture Science Lena in TS2.
Colin - I'm very picky when it comes to guy names - they have to be PERFECT! I just like that one, I suppose. Shortened from Nicholas, meaning 'victory of the people', again from Greek.
Evangeline - I think that one was from a vampire name generator! Not sure, though. Means 'good news', and again again it's from Greek.
Silver - Named after my awwwww! so cute half brother better known as Susi, he's supposed to be him as a vampire, but it's pretty hard to figure out what a 9-month-old will be in 19 years, so it's very experimental Smile Meaning should be pretty obvious and Susi, by the way, means 'wolf' in Estonian and Finnish.

My real first name, by the way, means knife in German and my middle name means princess or lady. That makes the Knife Lady! Pretty sharp, huh? Razz

I can post names of my other characters, too, but not now. Study time, ugh :/

Last edited by LenaDark on Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added my name stuff)
Back to top Go down
http://anotherrp.twilightlegend.net
Castella
Admin
Castella

Character Names!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Names!!!   Character Names!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 9:39 am

Well Bunny-tan I think the names you've chosen for your characters are brilliant.

Why couldn't my brother have a cool name like that? Shake Do you reckon he'll look as good as Silver when he's older?
Back to top Go down
http://youmustbemadtowanttoreadaboutmylife.blogspot.com/
LenaDark
Goth Vamp
LenaDark

Immortality Info.
Physical Age: 15
Power: Mind Reaching
Mate: Colin Sharp

Character Names!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Names!!!   Character Names!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 5:41 pm

I'm not too good in guessing, but I think they'll be equally cute - and cool. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://anotherrp.twilightlegend.net
Sponsored content

Character Names!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Names!!!   Character Names!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Character Names!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Breaking Dawn Village :: Salon :: Discussions-
Jump to: